Like a Lion
March was an awesome month here at Automattic. I just took a quick look back at the main blog for WordPress.com, and we had a dozen announcements this month introducing a mix of new features, community events, and more. When you add in posts from our other projects – both our own and the open source ones we contribute to – it’s approaching fifty.
Some of the highlights from the month that was:
- Our Theme Wranglers rolled out several gorgeous new premium and free themes
- VideoPress now supports native playback on iPhone, iPad and HTML5 browsers
- Our social team introduced Jetpack, which makes WordPress.com services available to self-hosted WordPress sites
- Our Happiness Engineers are now making guided transfers available for people taking the plunge into self-hosted WordPress
- We launched a beautiful iPad-optimized view for all 18.6 million WordPress.com blogs, which is also available via plugin for self-hosted WordPress sites
- We made embedded tweets even more interactive with support for Twitter’s new tools for replying, retweeting and favoriting
Phew! If working on some of the web’s biggest and most popular services sounds interesting to you, make sure to check out our jobs page — we’re hiring for all kinds of roles, from coders to designers to business types.